Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Learning Begins

We are moving forward in trying to adopt a child from Ethiopia! We are excited and nervous and overwhelmed. Much like being in the first trimester of pregnancy - even a little morning sickness thrown in when I get nervous about various things!

We are in the craziness of adoption papers. Papers coming, papers going out, signatures a million times, Notaries, contracts - all this just to do our application and initial stuff. I get so excited to check the mail these days. Anticipating some piece of information. It really is a gift to get to pour over this paperwork, unwrap it and see how it is taking us one step closer to our child.

I am learning so much, daily. Reading some great books. My two favorites right now are:

I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla by Marguerite A. Wright

There is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene

Powerful books. Especially There is No Me Without You. Always have tissue available as I read that one. Man, I can't wait to get my hands on one of those kids. I wonder if I will ever stop holding it. Can't wait to have all 4 (or more) of my kids in my arms. Crazy, huh???

No comments:

Post a Comment