Saturday, March 20, 2010

Revelation

I continued to ask the Lord for revelation about my new path. I, as I said earlier, had committed to praying daily about it so we were having some good conversations. The Lord started pouring and pouring into me words about my new path. He kept drawing me to a scripture in Hebrews 12 that says, "Therefore, strengthen the hands that hang down, and the feeble knees. "Make straight paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed."

I have walked much of my life in a "lame" place. Being broken and wounded from various things. God, in his great love for me, has brought healing to many of those areas. Those healing, while beautiful and so worth it, came at a cost, much heartache and hard work. I wasn't really sure I was ready to start another journey like that. God had been talking to me for several months (years really) about anger. This deep seeded anger that I have inside sometimes that I have fought with for years. I really thought it was about that. That we were about to start working on that (and we are, Praise God!), but that wasn't it at all. The Lord kept telling me to get ready, to strengthen my hands and my feeble knees so I once again committed to praying daily about this new path in preparation.

He kept pouring into me and I kept wondering where we were going. I was led to another scripture in Isaiah 35:

3 Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;

4 say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you."

8 And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it. a]">[a]

9 No lion will be there,
nor will any ferocious beast get up on it;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there,

10 and the ransomed of the LORD will return.
They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

As I asked over and over again and wondered and thought about what my new path should be, He reminded me over and over again to quit looking down for the path but to look up for him. To remember that He is walking that path with me, carrying me when I can't walk anymore. He has done this before, He is doing it again. He reminded me that I am his ransomed and I will walk in His path, that everlasting joy will crown my head, that gladness and joy will overtake me and all sorrow and sighing will flee away. I claimed this.

A song that has really spoken to my heart lately is "Let the Waters Rise" by Mikeschair. You can listen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkQ7YVys_A&feature=PlayList&p=7CDF5E74441D9F3F&index=14

I prayed this over and over. To" let the waters rise if you want them to. I will follow you". Tears started flowing, a lot. A friend recently told me that when tears start to flow it either means that you are about to be healed or someone is about to be healed through you. I pray that it means both this time.

So, I keep praying, daily and trust that what God tells me is true. Isaiah 41: 13, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."I am banking everything on His help right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment